Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Sabbath Day Blessing.

God gave us His Sabbath day as a blessing to all mankind. A day that we could truly get to know and fellowship with Him, and not have to do any work or labour. A day on which to rest, away from the worries and cares of this world.

He also ordained it as a day in remembrance that He is the Creator of Heaven and Earth. The scriptures say, Exodus 20:8-11 “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work… For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it”.

I love this scripture. It shows how important God sees us spending time with Him is.

I was a Sunday keeping Christian for most of my life, until the Holy Spirit impressed on me nearly 12 months ago, that I should be keeping the seventh day – the one that He sanctified and hallowed and made holy. It was a huge change, and I wrestled with God for some time over it, but now I look forward in anticipation to every Sabbath – where I can spend quality time with Him and in fellowship with other believers. The Sabbath truly is a blessing from God.

For more info on the Sabbath visit Sabbath-Day.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home